I’m happy to announce that you can now play Project Defenders right in your web browser, free of charge! Project Defenders is a 2D top-down RPG experience where players defend a town from wave after wave of rampaging monsters. No matter what type of gamer you are, you can play for short bursts or try to beat your previous record!
Tips to Help You Play Project Defenders
From my own experiences with Project Defenders, I know that it can be a bit hard to get the ball rolling in the early game. Thankfully, there are quite a few fail-safes programmed into the game at the moment to make sure you have fun while striving to break your personal round records. If you are stuck, here are some tips I have put together to help you play Project Defenders:
- You can view your stats at any time by opening the main menu (use the spacebar–I goofed and the menu is not available on mobile at this time).
- Use Fire magic on the zombies and skeletons. They take 150% damage from the spell, so they should be more manageable that way.
- If you run out of healing items, you can buy more at the shop in between rounds.
- Rest up at the inn in-between rounds. It costs 300 gold, but it is well worth it.
- Talk to the All-Knowing Treant for information on how many rounds you have completed, as well as how many enemies you have defeated.
Help Me Make Project Defenders Even Better
If you are enjoying your time with Project Defenders and would like to help me improve the game, you can submit feedback to me here. You can also show your support by contributing to my Patreon (coming soon). My goal is to continue adding content to Project Defenders throughout the year. The next update scheduled for the end of February will include:
- More variety in spells, weapons, and armor.
- A more satisfying gameplay loop with tougher enemies that get stronger over time.
- Better animations and other custom assets.
- And more!
Stay tuned for even more great features in Project Defenders!